Johns Hopkins Medicare Advantage Plans Makes Medicare Easy
Medicare Advantage Part C plans are a fantastic alternative to Original Medicare for people in Maryland, and offer so much more.
Maryland Medicare Options is Licensed and Certified to sell Johns Hopkins Medicare Advantage Plans. Enrolling is quick and easy. Give us a call (410) 896-1212.
Offered throughout most of Maryland, a Johns Hopkins Medicare Advantage plan provides you with comprehensive Medicare coverage including Medicare Part D drug coverage. This includes Doctors, Specialists, Hospitals, Emergency services, Mental Health and a variety of tests, labs and x-rays. Along with comprehensive medical coverage, these plans offer additional benefits* such as:
- $0 Deductibles
- Primary Care Doctor Co-payments as low as $5 per visit
- Upto $300 every two years for Vision benefits
- Comprehensive Prescription Drug coverage
- Free Gym Membership through Silver & Fit
- Free Preventative Health Screenings
- Free Annual Routine Hearing Exam
- $15 Teeth Cleaning 1x Per Year
- Free Home-Delivered Meals after Inpatient hospital visits
*Benefits vary by county. Contact us for full benefits.
Johns Hopkins Medicare Advantage Plan Options:
- Advantage MD (HMO)
- Advantage MD (PPO)
- Advantage MD Plus (PPO)
- Advantage MD Premier (PPO)
They offer a well-balanced selection of plans designed to cover all your health needs and some fantastic extras like a free gym membership. Plans vary by county, so you'll need to call us to see which plans are available in your area.
Unlike Original Medicare, these Advantage Part C plans combine Medical insurance and Prescription Drug insurance all in one. Additionally, there are no Medicare Part B deductibles or drug plans to sign up for.
Free Preventative Service Screenings
Once enrolled, you'll be issued a membership card. For typical visits, show your card at participating providers and pay your co-payment for regular doctor visits. For those looking for preventative services and screenings, your Johns Hopkins Medicare Advantage plan covers the following preventative services for free:
- Abdominal aortic aneurysm screening
- Annual routine physical exam
- Annual wellness visit
- Barium enemas
- Bone mass measurement
- Breast cancer screening (mammogram)
- Cardiovascular disease risk reduction visit (therapy for cardiovascular disease)
- Cardiovascular disease testing
- Cervical and vaginal cancer screening
- Colorectal cancer screenings
- Depression screening
- Diabetes screenings
- Diabetes self-management training, diabetic services, and supplies
- Digital rectal exams
- EKG following a Welcome Visit
- Health and wellness education programs
- HIV screening
- Medical nutrition therapy services
- Medicare diabetes prevention program (MDPP)
- Obesity screening and therapy to promote sustained weight loss
- Prostate cancer screening exams
- Screening and counseling to reduce alcohol misuse
- Screening for lung cancer with low dose computed tomography (LDCT)
- Screening for Sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and counseling to prevent STIs
- Smoking and tobacco use cessation (Counseling to stop smoking or tobacco use)
- Vision care
In order to receive these services for free, please discuss scheduling them with your Primary Care Physician and they will direct you to a networked facility.
When Can I Enroll Into The Johns Hopkins Medicare Advantage Plan?
There are specific times to enroll into a Medicare Advantage plan. The most popular time is during the fall, or what is called the Annual Enrollment Period (AEP). This occurs from October 15th through December 7th. During this period, you can add, drop or change an Advantage Plan. Any changes made during this period will not go into effect until January 1st of the next year.
Another popular time to add these plans is around the time you turn 65. Starting three months before your 65th birth month, a one-time enrollment period starts which lasts seven months, this is called your Initial Coverage Election Period or ICEP. During this time you can enroll into any plan you want, Advantage Plans, Supplement Plans and Medicare Drug Plans. There are a few additional rules, and you may qualify even if you're under 65 years of age. It's best to contact me at (410) 896-1212 to discuss your situation.
Other time periods to enroll into a Medicare Advantage Plan are called Special Election Periods or SEPs. These include situations like losing employer coverage, moving from one county or state to the next, qualifying for Medicaid, or moving into assisted living or a nursing home. There are many situations that trigger an SEP throughout the year, and you probably don't have to wait for Open Enrollment to take advantage of these windows.
To see if you qualify for a Special Election Period, please contact me to discuss your Medicare options.
Johns Hopkins Medicare Advantage Plans are just one of many choices you have when selecting a Medicare plan. From HMOs to PPOs, they offer the flexibility and freedom for your lifestyle and medical requirements.
If you'd like more information about the plan choices in your area, please contact Maryland Medicare Options for your free Medicare consultation by phone or in person.